We are entering a new cycle, a new era. As the world as we know it is being completely shaken up, a massive shift in our consciousness is happening. Even though everything seems chaotic right now, so much good will come out of this crisis.
Wherever we are on the planet, we are all facing this pandemic and this is a reminder that we are all connected. We are in this together, and, as a collective, we are all faced with the same waves of emotions : fear, sadness but also hope, love, compassion and most importantly the common desire to create a new world, based on human values.
As we are forced to stay home and self-isolate, important question arise:
Now that life’s fragility and impermanence have become so clear, what do I want my life to be about? What meaning do I want to give to it? What is my life purpose? What is important to me? What matters the most? What makes me feel alive? What dreams do I really want to come true? What am going to do to make them happen?
- Journaling is so very helpful to create your vision. Just sit down with a pen and your favourite diary and let it flow! Don’t censor yourself! Let creativity guide you towards unknown territories. Expand your horizon. Allow yourself to fully express everything that is going through you.
- To get in the flow, starting a daily practice that connects you to your body will help you get out of your head and plug into your higher self, your sacred soul. Dance can help you let go of muscle tension, release emotions and unleash stagnant energy building up within you during this lockdown period. Yoga, breathwork and meditation, are powerful tools to shift and expand your consciousness. When your parasympathetic nervous system is activated, you reach a deep state of relaxation, allowing your vibration to tune into higher frequencies and access subtle messages that normally go unnoticed. This is how you connect to your intuition or inner guide and receive insights.
- Now is the time to do what you have always wanted to but never had the time to commit. Sign up for an online course, whether it is self-development, creative writing, web design or learning a new language… Deepening your skills will play an important role in crafting your new life!
- Most importantly, take this time as an opportunity to be extra loving to yourself. Indulge in self-care. Rest, eat delicious food, watch a movie, read a book, take a bath. Allow yourself to do nothing! You have permission to stop doing and start being. As we are all forced to slow down, now is your chance to consciously shift from hyper-hectic-Yang energy to slow, soft, loving, caring Yin energy. Embrace it. Indulge in it. You’re allowed to. You deserve it.
- Self-isolation have highlighted the importance of human connection. Maybe we were not spending enough time with our loved ones because we were “too busy”. Maybe we used to not really pay attention when someone was speaking to us, because we had something else on our mind. Maybe we got used to texting people instead of calling them. Now our need for human connection appears so vividly. This is a fantastic opportunity to refocus your attention on people who really matter to you. Our technology now enables us to video chat with our loved ones. Take this time to nurture friendships and relationships that maybe you had been somehow neglecting. Realise how lucky we are to have one another. Show the people you care about that you love them.
- Our hectic lifestyle made us believe that we didn’t have time. Running to work, working late at night, spending hours in packed public transport, go out at the weekend to unwind and then start again… Always being in a rush was preventing us from paying attention to little things. This is how life passes by without us stopping to just enjoy the beauty around us. To appreciate every little thing is very much a meditative process. Be present to your surroundings and add more depth to your experience of life. Notice someone smiling at you, feel the wind caressing your skin, the sunlight bringing you joy, enjoy the delicate perfumes of flowers, savour the intoxicating flavour of a summer fruit, dive into the myriad of sounds surrounding you: the birds singing, a child laughing… When you fully tune into your senses, you start feeling alive! You feel the life around you and within you, you become aware of your connection to everything and everyone and you start flowing with the universe! Your days become so rich and vibrant, almost like a single day contained a whole life! Now that we have stopped taking everything for granted, we can start to fully appreciate the precious gift of life.
- Last but not least, this lockdown period is our chance to go within and face our shadows. We are usually so distracted by everyday life that most of us never get to sit with ourselves. Either we keep ourselves busy with work, or we spend all our free time with friends… Distraction is definitely a way to escape ourselves, whether it is by going out, constantly traveling… Let’s embrace this moment of pause to look within. What is it we are trying to avoid? What are we so scared of? Escapism is often the root cause of addiction. We are constantly finding ways to escape our pain. This is our opportunity to do some inner work, to face our wounds and get to the root of them. If you need support, reach out! Talk to someone, whether it is a therapist, a coach, a healer. You will find so much resource online to help you navigate these murky waters. Let’s all befriend ourselves! When we start to actually enjoy our own company, we are then able to develop healthy relationships. The “other” is no longer here to complete us, to save us, but to share and grow with you. Fall in love with yourselves and then spread the love around you. This is what the world needs right now.